Historical information

Brief historical information of the hunting residence, known as the “Khrushchev’s Country residence”

By order of the First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party (Bolshevik) M. Khrushchev in 1944 in Yagotyn, on the shore of Lake Supoy, began the construction of a house for the foremost workers, which was subsequently often used by Khrushchev and became a hunting residence.
Simultaneously with the construction of the house, the shore of Lake Supoy was strengthened, the dam was reconstructed and the fishery was restored.
In late 1940s, the hunting residence and the adjacent territory were closed for outsiders and assigned to the government of the Ukrainian SSR.

At various times, the guests of the residence were Cuban leader Fidel Castro, First Secretary of the Hungarian Central Committee Janos Kadar, Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR L. Brezhnev , Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the USSR O. Kosygin , First Secretaries of the Ukrainian Communist Party M.Pidgorniy , P.Shelest, V.Shcherbytskiy, Head of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian SSR D.Korotchenko, Marshal of the USSR V. Chuikov, Soviet army generals A. Kravchenko , M.Vatutin and Roswell Garst, an American businessman and farmer who provided consulting on production of corn in the USSR.